10/07/2010

Field Trip and Birthday Dinner!


Picture of the Day] Lake Point Tower and a delicious meal!

Mood] Wowed

Weather] Coooooolllld but sunny

Currently] In the basement

Quote of the Day] "If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."


The Lake Point Tower was breath-taking! It was absolutely fabulous to be in the park and the apartment complex. The room was fantastic because it had such an amazing view. The furniture created little rooms within the large space and the whole area was decorated fully. The view was a complete 180 degrees because it was on the curve. The atrium, pool, garden, and play area that we visited were designed in a way that made each area quite separate, which could be considered a good and bad thing. The rock work and pool were definitely designed by Caldwell. The waterfall was very lovely and it was so peaceful. There were several key views as well as a set of grills in the middle of the council ring. I wish I could stay there and just relax! The plantings were blooming and the water was very serene. My group specifically studied the waterfall area, trying to distinguish the plants around it, the use of the waterfall, as well as the dimensions of the rocks. All in all, the field trip really made me want to live in Lake Point Tower when I get rich and famous.

Dinner was also delicious. I tried Weber Grill and it was great! The prime rib I had was a little salty, but it was good all the same. I also got a birthday flight of desserts! The Key Lime Cheesecake was my fave!

Whoo! More field-trips to come!
Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment