10/24/2010

Best Oatmeal Cookies and Apple Cake


Picture of the Day] Apple Cake!

Mood] Baked out

Weather] COLD

Currently] In my kitchen

Quote of the Day]
"Adventure is just bad planning."

So of course off of one of my favourite food blog websites, I found an awesome recipe for Oatmeal Cookies. This is probably one of the easiest cookie recipes ever and since I had never made oatmeal cookies, it was fun to do it for the first time. I added TONS of raisins (the best part, right?) and enjoyed the crisp outer edge and chewy center! Apple cake on the other hand was a little bit more difficult and took a TON of apples. I did this mostly because I just had a freakin' ton of apples so I ended up making 2 whole 9" pans of apple cake. It was delicious, but I think I might prefer a crumble instead for once. It just wasn't firm enough for my taste. Don't know if I'll make that again, even though it tasted okay.

Side-note, had Five Guys the other day on the way back from my field trip to Alfred Caldwell Lily Pond for the first time and it was amazing! I think it was the most American food I have ever had. It is a burger joint and the brown bag they put my hamburger and fries in became totally soaked by the time I reached campus. I suppose that's how you know it's good, eh?

Food-ed,
Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment