10/07/2009

Open House, the Weekend, the Week, the DAY!


Picture of the Day] Bubble Tea and Chicago style pizza! YUM!

Mood] Worn Out

Weather] Sunny with a high of 56

Currently] In the Ambassador Cube

Quote of the day: "Dream. Love. Forgive. Live."

ZOMFG. I know I have a crap ton to catch up on, so we're gonna do this rapid fire. BULLET FORMAT. HECK YEAH.

Open House - AMAZING. I had so much fun. I met some amazing people! Everything turned out very nicely and I think that the other student ambassadors and I, not to mention the counselors and staff, gave a good impression of IIT. I loved giving the tour with AK. It was hilarious and great fun. The weather turned out to be pretty decent. A bit dreary, but definitely workable. The sun came out in the end.

Weekend - So this past weekend my Japanese host family came to visit from Japan. I stayed there a mere 2.5 weeks, but my host parents only came to visit for five days, so it was a very short time. They arrived on Friday and I picked them up at O'hare. We went to my hometown and ate at my family's restaurant which was sweeeeet. They finally got to meet my parents. We returned to Chicago and I got to spend another night having dinner with them in Chinatown. We walked around for a bit before returning to their hotel room. I stayed the night and then said bye in the morning because I had class at 9:00. :( It was a sad farewell, but I am glad that they had a great time. I will miss my host parents a lot.

Week - So midterms are coming up and I don't have nearly enough of my stuff done as I should. I've been falling behind a bit in studio, which is NO GOOD. So I'll try and fix that this weeek. >.o I'm just getting so tired and I can only push myself to work so much. I keep getting distracted too, which is also not good. :/ What to do. I have a lot of drawings to do in CAD and to just figure out in general. I think I need to make another model too. BLAH!

Today - Today I am 21. I think after this marker it's kinda downhill, but you know, whatever! Ha ha. I'll live it up. :) Hopefully studio won't be too crazy. I have a lot of plans for this weekend, so I hope I can get all my homework done. I want to have fun when my family and friends come in to Chicago! :D We're definitely going out to eat and probably chillaxing the rest of the time. OH! And tomorrow night, there is a magician in the BOG. I want to go, so we'll see how much work I get done. I really need to discipline myself!

I think I'll just say I'm 21 from now on. Every year. XD
~Jaye

4 comments:

  1. you're supposed to add one year, each year, until 30 - then you reverse back down to 21 - then repeat until your own kids catch up...after that it's game over, you're old. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleargh, midterms. Work. It makes me a little nauseated by thinking about it. @.@ except I do like the fact that my RWS teacher made my final *drum roll* take home. YES take home. Like a really long 125 question homework assignment. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pizza looks so tasty. i miss chicago style :(

    ReplyDelete