6/28/2011

The Taste of Chicago

Pictures of the Day] Look for next entry! To learn more: http://explorechicago.org/city/en/supporting_narrative/events___special_events/special_events/park_district/Taste_of_Chicago.html
Mood] Pretty good
Weather] Sunny, High 78!
Currently] In the cube
Quote of the Day] "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."

So every year the Taste of Chicago comes and it is pretty much the happiest time next to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Why is so much of our culture circled around food? It's awesome, it's fun, it's social, it's delicious. I don't know, but whatever the reason, each year the streets are blocked off and Grant park is packed with tons of people enjoying roughly sixty vendors! There are free items to be had and lots of exciting concerts/shows at the Patrillo Band Shell.

My personal favourites always include: the bbq turkey leg, fried plantain and sauteed goat meat, original rainbow waffle cone, pierogi with all the dressings, and sweet potato fries. This year there are a few new vendours though and I am psyched to check them out! I really want to try the jerk chicken wings or lambchops. (for the full listing of stalls: http://explorechicago.org/city/en/supporting_narrative/events___special_events/special_events/park_district/Taste_of_Chicago/taste_of_chicago_2011.html) Tickets are 12 for 8 dollars. The turkey leg costs 12 and if you buy the tickets ahead of time at a grocery store like Dominicks, then it's cheaper.

I think there's an awesome variety of dessert and main courses. They keep it pretty balanced and some stalls serve both. I am going to go again this week!

ZOMFG TURKEY LEG,
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment