6/21/2011

IIT Digital Picture Frame


Pictures of the Day] Pictures of the new digital picture frame
Mood] Blah, how often is that eh?
Weather] HOT. Freaking 84 degrees. Not cool.
Currently] In the cube
Quote of the Day] "Acquaintance, n.: A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well enough to lend to."

So today started out pretty fantastic. I mean that in a non sarcastic way. I got to talk to my best friend on Skype for once in a long time, and since the last time we've spoken, both of us have had a lot of adventures. It's nice to be able to have webcams and see one another from afar. Of course, skype isn't perfect quality, but I think it's improving all the time. I like thinking about how "back in the day" people had to wait for the only means of communication, which were letters, for months and months, even years. A few friends of mine and I still keep the age old tradition of writing snail mail alive, but I wonder often whether or not it will ever die out completely. There's just something pleasant about getting something in the mail and knowing that someone took the time to write it for you. It's not staring at a screen and reading. You actually get to PHYSICALLY open the envelope (sometimes get that papercut) and read ink on paper. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think it's neat.

Anyway, today's blog entry is totally about the new IIT Digital Picture Frame that I have set up for the Office! It has been a little bit of a pain because of course the box says "128 mb of internal memory!" which actually amounts to like...10 photos. So I had to pick out all the photos I wanted (which ended up being like 100 something, you know me) and then put them onto an SD card (which I had to transfer 2 different ways) and then shove the SD card in the photo frame and then figure out how to work it from there (as you can see there are like 4 buttons to actually navigate with). Heh. All in all though, not too bad. And definitely worth the effort. That frame is going to look snazzy sitting up at the front desk! So yeah, moral of the story is: students, if you're looking to get an awesome gift for your parents, go for the digital picture frame and pre-load it with pics of yourself and the rest of your family! BEST IDEA EVAH.

Not looking forward to walking in the heat,
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment