Pictures of the Day] Dropped hardboiled egg & Asparagus Goat Cheese pasta
Mood] Sticky.
Weather] High of 89. AKA NASTY.
Currently] In my living room.
Quote of the day: "Never believe anything until it has been officially denied."
So I decided to go and check out a flea market with my friend. Didn't have enough time to really peruse as much as I would've liked, but it was pretty cool. Unbearably hot, but that's how it goes when it's on a parking lot. I think it would be nice to go again, preferably early when it is a little cooler and there are better steals. I really really want to get some awesome stuff for making my own steampunk jewelry, or even vintage at that. Not only is it currently popular, but I think that I would wear it for a long time.
The weather has been getting progressively worse in my opinion. The heat is terrible along with the humidity. There is just a lot of stuff that needs to be done, around my apartment and around school. I feel lazy and sleepy all the time! I definitely need to clean! I have managed to prepare for summer classes though, so I feel a bit better about that.
Oh, so about those images. So I think if there's anything that I can do pretty well it's making hardboiled eggs. Unfortunately I ended up dropping one and it turned out looking like a one of those candies called Dots, but that's okay, it was still delicious. The other photos I've got are pictures of a modified recipe I tried. I have a LOT of asparagus still, and it needs to go! I will be grilling, roasting, baking, whatever I can. So the dish was another attempt at using them. It turned out pretty well. I used whole wheat spagetti instead of the traditional white spiral pasta that you use with pasta salad. I think it turned out okay, except the garlic did get a bit too brown, so it soured. :( Well, no one's perfect.
That's all for now!
Jaye
P.S. Didn't buy anything from the flea market (except a small boring carpet for my shoes which was $1). I was disappointed. There were tons of cool clocks but none that I wanted to pay for and spend time dismantling. Oh well. Gears another time...
Could you send me the recipe for your pasta? It looks super tasty! :)
ReplyDelete