5/21/2010

New Apartment: First Meal of the Summer!


Picture of the Day] Garlic Bread, Stuffed Mushrooms, Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus, Asparagus Soup, Ratatouille

Mood] Tired.


Weather] High of 75. Sunny.


Currently] In my room.

Quote of the day: "I feel like a blue French rat from PIXAR that cooks."

So I decided to make myself a delicious meal, which of course, turned out to be too much food, but oh well! Summer break for me is ending, so that means work and school will be starting soon and I need to do a lot of work! I am going to start planning my meals and what I want to make for a week. This was sort of a splurge, so oh well! At least I have enough to make more too. It will last me a while. The Asparagus Soup is actually supposed to be creamy, but since I didn't have a blender or a blending stick, I just decided to have it as I made it, which was kinda on the fly. The asparagus ended up being quite tender though, so it was find in the end. I think it would've tasted a lot better creamy, but that's okay.

The ratatouille was tons of fun to make! I hope I can get better at it. I actually got the recipe from a really neat website called smittenkitchen.com. It has a ton of recipes that I think I'm going to try! There are pirogi on there, and I do love those. :D I'll be documenting all of my finds and my cooking exploits, so watch out for that!

Buying the utensils for everything was the worst part. I guess I have been so used to having all the supplies at home, that I was surprised with all the things I actually needed to kind of function in my own kitchen. I'll just have to start up getting all the supplies that I'll need in the future. Afterall, I will only have 2 more years left of school and then "off to the real world", as most say it. I really don't like that saying. It suggests that I'm not already living in the "real world", whatever that means. I think that's silly. There are some things though that I think I really need to buckle down and take care of. I suppose that's the part of "being an adult" most people think of, like financial stuff.

For now, I need to focus on getting through the rest of school though, and making sure that I have all the stuff I need to be successful! :D That means supplies, energy, and lots of time dedicated to improving!

Well, more cooking and projects to come,
~Jaye

P.S. Sherlock Holmes the movie is aweeeeesssommmmmeeeee. Love the music and style. Bought the Barnes and Nobles collection of the stories, so I should probably read them sometime...

1 comment:

  1. "If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." - Remy

    I concur. Looks super tasty! Wish I could be there to cook and eat with you! :)

    ReplyDelete