Picture of the Day] Morton's Steak House! We had some awesome food and the atmosphere was VERY interesting.
Mood] Full!
Currently] At the front desk.
Weather] WHY DID I WEAR A DRESS AGAIN!?
Quote of the day: "Who is rich? He that is content."
So my boyfriend told me about something called Restaurant Week and I am SO glad that I found out! This week only over a hundred restaurants in Chicago are participating! What they do is select a specific menu with maybe some options on it. Then, you pay a reduced price to have this meal! The goal is kind of to allow people to test all different kinds of restaurants and figure out which ones they like best. I think it's an awesome idea because then it allows people to eat within their means and broaden their horizons.
The restaurant that I went to was participating in this event, so I was very pleased with the meal!!! Morton's Steakhouse is an interesting setting. You walk in through what looks like an office building. Then, through a large wooden door down into a basement, where the restaurant is situated. Framed photos, magazine articles/reviews, and caricatures line the walls. There is a coat check and cubbies that look like wine holders in a cellar. The lighting is dim and the tables all have very strange pig-shaped castings as candle holders. Overall, the atmosphere almost seemed more like a secret club than anything. It was good service though and the food was amazing!
For my meal, I had:
- Bacon crusted fresh bread with butter
- Morton's Salad (Blue cheese dressing, ice berg and romaine lettuce tossed with egg)
- Filet Mignon (Medium Rare. BEAUTIFUL. It was perfectly done.)
- Crispy sour cream and bacon topped Potato Skins (So good!)
- Creme Brulee for dessert with a cup of coffee! (ZOMFG MY FAVOURITE)
He had the same, except for:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Chocolate Mousse for dessert with a cappuccino!
It was AMAZING, and at almost half the price, so I was thoroughly pleased! I think that my boyfriend and I are totally going to go out some more if I can manage with the work load to try some more of the places before this week is over! I'll keep you updated!
Good food and good company. :)
~Jaye
Sounds like a marvelous date! Nothing says 'I love you' like a perfectly cooked piece of steak in a dimly lit restaurant (even if the lamps are pigs)!
ReplyDeleteRestaurant Weeks are great, and just about every big city has them. A good way to enjoy a nice meal for an affordable price. Another nice thing to look out for are Date Night Specials - a lot of restaurants do this to try and get more business during the week. It's usually a Tuesday or Wednesday, but they often do a prix fixe and/or drink specials (like half-off wine and cocktails). I love eating!