2/11/2010

Camras Interview Weekend ROCKS!



Picture of the Day] Camras Event type awesome! Above I'm working the VanderCook Table at the Student Resource Fair. This fair is for prospective students to see exactly what IIT can offer in the way of athletics, financial aid, Union Board, ROTC, Spiritual Life, etc...

Mood] Excited

Weather] Not too bad. Sunny and brisk.

Currently] At the Front Desk

Quote of the day: "They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."

So Camras was super fun! We had a huge turn-out and it was awesome to see so many of the people that I had just heard good things about. Perlstein was pretty much packed with people walking around and talking with us Student Ambassadors and the counselors. We checked everyone in bright and early and then spent a lot of the time just going to have lunch in the Commons, leading them to their interviews, and hanging out in general. Everyone looked really pristine too! The guys were dressed up nice for their interviews, wearing full suit and everything. A lot of the current Camras Scholars helped out for the event too, working the baggage room etc...

There was actually a student panel that I Was not a part of (sadness), but I heard went very well. Parents and students love to go to the student panel to really talk to the current students about their extra curriculars on campus and what life is like in Chicago.

I had a fun time actually at the parent reception. I hadn't been there before, and it was quite nice to see all the parents of the students since the students were out on the Pizza Dinners. We had a lot of yummy desserts, drinks, and bite sized snacks as we talked just from table to table, answering questions that the parents thought up. They were all really fun.

I think the best part of Camras Weekend was really being able to show the prospective students how much the campus comes alive with all the fun things that our student body is so proactive to do! The Quad had a ton of things going on and the BOG was having IIT Idol Finals, so that was packed. Overall, a great weekend.

Signing off,
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment