Picture of the Day] I took this picture at Millenium Park this summer. It's part of an installation! A prize for whoever can name the architect(s) who did it! :D
Mood] Optimistic
Weather] Sunny with a high of 78
Currently] In the Ambassador Cube
So since this is the first blog of hopefully many, I feel the need to introduce myself to all those who may be reading this before I really settle myself in. I am a third year architecture major. I enjoy food, singing, writing, reading, drawing and video gaming. I like candlelit dinners and moonlit walks on the beach. I am a Libra and like flowers.
Now that I've advertised myself, onto what today was like, which is, of course, the point of this blog! Woke up around seven feeling CRAZY nervous about getting certified to give tours as a student ambassador of our lovely undergraduate admissions. There was so much information to study and even though I had been reviewing the information for a couple weeks, I still felt a little nauseous as I walked to Perlstein. I managed to get a glance over my nifty info binder before starting the tour with Pablo at 9:30ish AM. (Thus, the quote of the day). The weather was great, I know I stammered some, but things went well. So aside from my awesome shiny new badge (not gonna lie, one of THE best parts of the job), I can officially give tours to any visitting families. >.> Which is a good thing since I work my first Saturday visit tomorrow and there are at least five or six families signed up to come! There will be tour giving and a presentation. I hope I do well!
Awesome thing today: Sushi Friday in the Commons. I was SOOOOO excited. I am a huge fan! I enjoy Japanese food a LOT so being able to try sushi there was great! It wasn't too bad at all, compared to the 7-11 version, which I would advise NOT to eat unless you are REALLY terribly craving explosive diarrhea. The parfaits there are really good though...Definitely an acceptable late night snack!
Well off to do homework! I've got a huge lineup this weekend: Saturday visit, homework, having dinner with friends on Saturday night, more homework!
P.S. I am obsessed with movies, so I apologize in advance for any and all randomly quoted material that appears in my writing from time to time. In real life, I talk in puns and movie quotes...
See you on the flipside! (...like that)
~Jaye
Now that I've advertised myself, onto what today was like, which is, of course, the point of this blog! Woke up around seven feeling CRAZY nervous about getting certified to give tours as a student ambassador of our lovely undergraduate admissions. There was so much information to study and even though I had been reviewing the information for a couple weeks, I still felt a little nauseous as I walked to Perlstein. I managed to get a glance over my nifty info binder before starting the tour with Pablo at 9:30ish AM. (Thus, the quote of the day). The weather was great, I know I stammered some, but things went well. So aside from my awesome shiny new badge (not gonna lie, one of THE best parts of the job), I can officially give tours to any visitting families. >.> Which is a good thing since I work my first Saturday visit tomorrow and there are at least five or six families signed up to come! There will be tour giving and a presentation. I hope I do well!
Awesome thing today: Sushi Friday in the Commons. I was SOOOOO excited. I am a huge fan! I enjoy Japanese food a LOT so being able to try sushi there was great! It wasn't too bad at all, compared to the 7-11 version, which I would advise NOT to eat unless you are REALLY terribly craving explosive diarrhea. The parfaits there are really good though...Definitely an acceptable late night snack!
Well off to do homework! I've got a huge lineup this weekend: Saturday visit, homework, having dinner with friends on Saturday night, more homework!
P.S. I am obsessed with movies, so I apologize in advance for any and all randomly quoted material that appears in my writing from time to time. In real life, I talk in puns and movie quotes...
See you on the flipside! (...like that)
~Jaye
No comments:
Post a Comment