Mood] Unmotivated
Weather] Cold and rainy. High 50
Currently] In the basement
Quote of the Day] "I have nothing to say, and I am saying it, and that is poetry."
The model turned out looking decent enough. Looking back on it, I'm sure that it could have been neater but I think I made the right choices. I decided to use acrylic instead of sheet acetate. Both are plastic, but one is thin as a piece of paper and the other, though not correct in scale, is easier to use and represents the same idea. It was a lot easier to glue as well. I scored the front to represent the mullions instead of putting wood pieces on, which would have taken forever!!!
Overall, the review went well. I had a great reviewer (a famous architect named Juhani Pallasmaa). He asked me a number of difficult to answer questions which will help me push my project to the limits! I'm excited about that. I haven't sat down with my professor yet but when I do I know it will be productive. In studio we are moving on to our final reviews so that means picking up the pace and pumping out the final models and drawings. Right now our whole studio is going to focus on making a 1/8" = 1-'0" model which is HUGE. It means that the buildings on the site will be the height of a person (roughly 6 ft). We'll be planning out how to execute that today. Otherwise, it's just individual work. My professor will be meeting with us for longer periods of time to help us progress toward the end. Hopefully I will get an A this semester.
Relatively optimistic,
~Jaye
P.S. Watched a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Very funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment