8/10/2011

Vacation

Picture of the Day] 50s Prime Diner rootbeer floats. The waitress warned us to drink them fast. My brother didn't fast enough apparently. I added a caption.
Mood] Sticky
Weather] Sticky
Currently] In my room
Quote of the Day] "Realism...has no more to do with reality than anything else."

We went to both restaurants in Hollywood Studios. It was great. There was the Sci-Fi Theatre Diner in which we sat in faux cars and the whole place was set up like an old drive-in theatre playing clips of sci-fi movies (they were all pretty much like trailers) Then there was the 50s Prime Time Diner which focused on playing clips from old shows and the setting looked like a kitchen with polka dots and old appliances and everything! (You can tell in the pic)

OH MY GOD HUMIDITY. That has been the absolute worst part of the vacation. The best part has been everything else. Ha ha ha. I got a tan and also have been enjoying the water a lot. Mostly it's been wading around, not actually swimming, plus the water here is very warm (not at all like Lake Michigan in Chicago!).
We also went to Blizzard Beach which is a water park in Disney. I haven't been to a water park in a long time. IT was great. :D I went on the single slider that was like 120' tall, no joke. It was freaky. The worst part was that sliding to a stop gave me a REALLY BAD wedgie. X.x

I am pretty satisfied with my bathing suit choice. I was debating between a great number of combinations, but I finally chose the bright spunky set (I matched myself. You can kinda tell they don't belong together because the styles don't match in some ways because of the diff ties. Ha ha ha.) I was thinking of getting just a plain black halter top, but the green is good and I put it to good use in Orlando and a beach trip just before school started. I know the best spot for hanging out on the beach (no people and lots of cold water!!! Ha ha ha ha). I packed a nice picnic for boy and me. It was very pleasant.

Bye bye summer,
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment