7/08/2011

Etsy Etsy Etsy


Pictures of the Day] Etsy! Our store and profile pages, respectively. (etsy.com/shop/freakincutedesigns & etsy.com/people/freakincutedesigns)
Mood] High-strung
Weather] Sunny, High 82
Currently] At the front desk
Quote of the Day] "Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get them right, or they will get you wrong."

A technology update! So my sister and I have been working diligently to open our store on Etsy. For those of you who don't know what Etsy is, it is a heavenly world of home-made crafts/goods. People sell all kinds of stuff like jewelry, accessories, art (sculptures, prints, paintings, mixed media), home decor items, children's toys, and even home-made baked goods or jar mixes! It's CRAZY. For those of you who have been keeping up with my blog in the past you may remember my notoriously cute fleece pillows! I will be pumping out more of those in the hopes that I can sell some there, along with glass pebble magnets! My sister will be producing reversible aprons and prints so our store will be a little eclectic, but I think it'll work well. The goal is to open by the 2nd week in August! :D

So the technology bit. >.> Right. The Etsy interface is a little difficult to work with at first. Things are sectioned off and seem to be unrelated to their navigation bar title but after a while you get used to tabbing along. The only thing that I can say right now that is a negative is that you have the option of putting your store on "Vacation Mode" and this allows the customers to receive a notification for when you will be returning etc..., but the only problem is if you want to draft up some listings, you have to turn this Vacation Mode OFF before you can, even though you won't be listing the items yet officially/publicly! It's a little annoying, but it's not too bad. I just worry that people will be popping by and be like, "Why is this store open but nothing is for sale?" Oh well.

Pictures of some of items to come very soon! ^-^ I'm going to be going home this weekend to start producing some pillows, so we'll see how it goes! If you want to see some pics already, I have them loaded onto Facebook!

Like our page at: http://www.facebook.com/freakin.cute.designs
Or join the group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/237245002960312?ap=1

Ready to rock!
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment