Mood] Stressed - what's new?
Weather] Slushy...
Currently] In the office
Quote of the Day] "Never tell everything at once."
Yay! It's the Chinese New Year. Year of the rabbit. :D I have to say I am probably the worst about doing traditional stuff during New Years even though I really want to. Usually when New Years comes around, Chinese people will make sure their homes are absolutely spotless, shower the day before New Years, eat certain foods, abstain from speaking swear words or homophones (the most famous being the word for the number four sounding similar to the word for death), and in general, having a great time burning firecrackers, dancing, and celebrating.
The parade was still on in Chinatown, but unfortunately I did not attend. Backlogged on homework for multiple classes (why do the teachers give us so much? :P) and stressed out about an upcoming review, I decided it would be better to stay in and study rather than heading out to the crowds for some snowed dragon dancers. :( I hope everything went well for them though!! It's going to be a great year. :)
Happy New Year!,
Jaye
No comments:
Post a Comment