1/17/2011

Studio Begins

Picture of the Day] My site at Wrigley Field outlined in red!

Mood] Frustrated

Weather] Sunny but freakin' cold! High 19 Degrees F

Currently] In the office

Quote of the Day] "The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself.
"

So my studio this semester seems like it will be extremely challenging, but hopefully a lot of fun as well! I know that there is a ton of work that needs to be done because I am stretching myself into areas that I have not worked in for a while, especially 3d rendering. For my new studio I will be needing to do highly detailed 3d rendering of the different spaces. This is generally an issue for me because 1) Although I did take classes in rendering, it is not my favourite thing to do therefore it makes it difficult for me to really try and work on. I hope that I will be able to improve! Right now we are working on the conceptual stuff and then moving on to creating floor plans.

The project is a Boutique Hotel, which is basically like a themed hotel that has less rooms but provides many amenities. Our hotel is situated near Wrigley Field up north. There are many elements around the site, like the bars, residential, rooftop bleachers for the games, chain restaurants, and of course the Red Line L. There is a lot to take into consideration!

Excited but scared,
Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment