6/07/2010

Cooking Mania!


Pictures of the Day] The dishes I have recently cooked, including: dango (Japanese dessert) with sweet soy sauce, homemade chocolate chip cookies (with a hint of coffee flavour), chicken and fresh garden vegetable casserole, chicken, asparagus, onion, and goat cheese pizza on whole wheat crust, bacon wrapped dates stuffed with asparagus and sharp cheddar cheese, Latke (potato pancakes) with sour cream.

Mood] Good

Weather] High of 63, sunny and wonderful!

Currently] At home.

Quote of the day: "The art of dining well is no slight art, the pleasure not a slight pleasure."

So I've been planning lots of dishes lately, cooking up a storm pretty much. I think that it's a fun thing to do, though it does make my apartment pretty warm. I have the fan on mostly and enjoy just sort of messing around on the stove with the frying pans. I'm working on my timing. It's not working out well. I still am ending up having dishes semi-warm. I think I just don't think things through. Also, I keep on thinking up things I want to do while I've already started cooking, so then I start cooking the additions and of course it sets things back. Still nice though to have some actual meals. I'm definitely looking forward to cooking during the year.

I think it's been kind of funny how the past years there have been these totally big movie crazes. Of course you must have noticed. That's what they make all those spoofs off of. A great number of super-hero/comic based movies have sprung up, cooking movies, dance movies, end of the world/apocalyptic movies, and of course, stupid humour movies. Maybe it's just me, but they seem to pop up in pairs or triplets a lot of the time.

Speaking of movies, anyone see the new Harry Potter trailer? I'm kinda not as excited as I hoped I would be. I am actually a little disappointed. Hopefully more footage will remedy this. :/ I have been reading the books again and I have to say, the earlier novels so far have a lot of nice humour. It's refreshing. :D

Until the next meal,
~Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment