Mood] Satisfied
Weather] High of 74. Sunny and breezy. :D
Currently] In the kitchen
Quote of the day: "Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on?"
I am so glad that I made these cookies again! It took a bit of experimenting, but I think I found the right balance in the end. If you are the kind of person who likes crispy around the edges and soft in the middle kind of cookies, then I recommend this recipe! I have added a bit of my own pazazz, but you can definitely alter it to your tastes! They are best served nearly right out of the oven (I am known to my family for my need to devour extremely hot foods directly from the cook top, but I promise you, these are better left to sit for at least 5 minutes) with a tall glass of milk!
Here for your enjoyment! The perfect chocolate chip cookies:
Makes a crazy large amount (probably 2 dozen depending on how big you make them)
2 cps all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cp unsalted butter (or margarine)
1 cp packed brown sugar
1/2 cp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk (which can be substituted with instant coffee)
2 cps semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. If you want to do the instant coffee thing, then dissolved one tbsp of instant coffee into about one to two tbsp of hot water. Set aside.
3. Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
5. In medium bowl, cut the butter of magarine directly from the fridge with a wooden spoon, beaters, or whisk (I prefer wooden spoon). Add brown sugar and white sugar and mix until a little clumpy.
6. Beat in vanilla, egg and yolk [or coffee] until light and creamy (can still have some clumps).
7. Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips. If the final cookie dough is too liquidy, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to stiffen it a bit before using it.
8. Drop cookies using two teaspoons or tablespoons onto the cookie sheet. Bake about 16 minutes.
ENJOY!!!!
~Jaye
No comments:
Post a Comment