1/13/2010

Winter Break Fun and Back to School UGH!

Picture of the Day] All the delicious food I made!

Mood] Nice

Weather] Cloudy with a high of 35F

Currently] In the Ambassador Cube

Quote of the day: "I still need more healthy rest in order to work at my best. My health is the main capital I have and I want to administer it intelligently."

Baked Brie with a Sweet Date Sauce
, Garlic Bread, Cappuccino Cheesecake, Four Cheese Ravioli and Homemade Tomato Soup, Four Cheese Ravioli with the Pumpkin Sauce on it, Fresh Fruit Salad, Crepes (vegetables and bacon inside with a dill ranchy kind of sauce on top)!


Over break I did a ton of awesome things! Some of which were more productive than others. Although I did not achieve my goal of working on my resume and figuring out all the study abroad stuff, I did have a ton of fun with family and friends, which was much needed. I ended up spending most of my time doing cooking, baking, or crafting! This semester I hope to do some more cooking here at school. Over break I made a Vegetarian Feast! :D Which included a lot of tastey things. I also made some crafts which I'm pretty proud of. My focus was throw pillows. This one pictured here is a bamboo bolster. :D You just buy some of the fleece at the store, whatever colour you like, and make a pillow case for it. The circles on this one was pretty tough, but it was my first time sewing something circular to something rectangular, so I am pretty proud I guess. I ended up using the sewing machine for this one. I also made some other ones for my sister and friends, which were a piggy and a cabbit. They were both very pink. You can kind of see the close up on the designs.

Now that I'm back to school, I have been busy busy busy! I already started using the planner that my sister gave me and figured out dates for a lot of events. I'm thinking about joining Union Board and TechNews to write articles about the events that happen in the BOG. Tonight we have a Comedian, so I'll go to the BOG and write about what I saw, how people reacted to the show, and what the overall turnout was. :) I also am planning on directing a One-Act this semester, so I have one chosen! It's called The Master-Poisoner, and I found it off this nifty site where they are completely royalty free, so anyone can produce them: http://www.one-act-plays.com/dramas/the_master_poisoner.html

I like doing dramas, so I think it'll be a good change to all the comedy wafting around. :D Camras is also starting back up soon, so we'll be having lots of meetings soon and trying to get together events for this semester. This Friday is actually a Camras get-together in the BOG. They're opening it up for free food and socializing. It'll be great!













In terms of projects, I already need to go to two different sites and do some research/make observations. We've gotten into studio and stuff too! My classes so far are:

Structural Concrete Design (commonly referred to as Structures)
Building Systems II (commonly referred to as MechElec)
Studio (commonly referred to as...well we won't go there)
Vernacular Landscape (this class is very intimidating, but since I'm considering specializing in it, I'm going to have to man up)
VanderCook Private Voice Lessons (still need to set up a time with my teacher)

I have classes Monday - Friday, so no days off completely, but it's all good. :) I hope I can keep a balance with everything!

Bye for now!
Jaye

P.S. Turned the heat up in my dorm room last night. Slept SO well.

No comments:

Post a Comment