10/19/2009

Sick Stomachs and Burn-Outs

Picture of the Day] Me with a birthday green tea ice-cream at Chicago Kalbi - Korean BBQ place!

Mood] Frazzled

Weather] Sunny with a high of 56

Currently] In the Ambassador Cube

Quote of the day: "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."


The days are getting colder and colder! I can't wait for Halloween. I know that it's a pretty silly holiday in terms of the way that it's percolated into this night of receiving candy from strangers, but I remember a lot of fun times when I was younger at home with my family. I do know that the one time I decided to carve a Jack-O--Lantern some street punks decided to come and smash them. That made me upset and we never carved pumpkins again after that. Now that I'm older, I think I want to try again. I would like to think that when I have my own place in the future, I'll be super festive. We'll see. Here on campus though, my RA, Brooke, put up a board for us to decorate our own pumpkins. She instructed us to draw with markers or to take them back to our rooms and design them ourselves. My sister was visitting for my birthday on the weekend, so we decided to make some. I put mine up on the board in the hall.

I have to tell you that last night I felt absolutely wretched while I was at M&M working on my model that's due today (which is still not finished, BTW), so I had to pack it up and go back to the dorms. I was planning on waking up super early this morning to go back and finish it, but to no avail. My body refused and told me to sleep, so I woke up in time for work and that was about it. I think I'll go directly after work to studio to work on it before our lecture at 2:00 PM. X.x UGH! I think I'm burning out. My midterm review was not that bad, but I feel like I have a LOT to catch up on. >.o No good!

This week looks to be okay. I've got a lot to do, but I should be working through it. Friday Acappella is doing a BOG take-over during Karaoke night, so if you all are interested in going, you should totally check us out! I think each group will sing one song. I personally want to try and go to see Richard III at Shakespeare Theatre on Navy Pier with 33rd Street Productions, so I'll be buying my ticket Thursday or Friday before lunch or dinner sometime. :D I'm excited. It's only $5 and they say they have super awesome seats. Wh00t.

Well I'm out for now. Have a great week!
~Jaye

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a super week and can make it to Shakespeare! I am not a personal fan of the histories - but I've heard fantastic things about that theatre and company.

    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete